FORMER JOHN WESLEY CHURCH
The former John Wesley Church is located on Commercial Road.
From the 1850s, the Wesleyan Methodists of the district had worshipped in an earlier chapel on Commercial Road. In August 1873, that structure was demolished, and the new church was constructed by James Kennedy. The architect was James Cumming of Adelaide. The church was opened on the 1st day of February 1874. (lester, firth & murton n.d.)
References.
- lester firth & murton pty ltd, n.d. Strathalbyn Conservation Study