BLACKWELL HOUSE
Blackwell House is located at 18 Commercial Road, Strathalbyn.
The first sections of this building were constructed during the 1860s. The first owner was Mr. J.B. Doollett. (lester, firth & murton n.d.)
From 1912, the Blackwell butchering business transferred from Miliang to occupy the building. They replaced the original slate roof with a corrugated galvanised iron roof. The balcony and verandahs were also added. The building's large cellar was used to store meat. The Blackwell butchers occupied the building until 1934. (lester, firth & murton n.d.)
References.
- lester firth & murton pty ltd, n.d. Strathalbyn Conservation Study