ANGAS MILL
The former Angas Mill is located on the corner of Commercial Road and Mill Street, Strathalbyn.
Angas Mill was constructed in c. 1850 by Donald Gollan to process grain grown in the Strathalbyn district.
Shortly after, the mill was purchased by William Colman.
Mill Bridge was constructed over Dawson's Creek to assist in the transportation of goods to and from Angas Mill.
In 1881, Angas Mill was purchased by Robert Johnston.
In 1885, the two sons of Robert Johnston took over Angas Mill and operated the mill until 1938, when it was sold to the Luacke Milling Company of Greenock. (lester, firth & murton n.d.)
Shortly after, the mill was purchased by William Colman.
Mill Bridge was constructed over Dawson's Creek to assist in the transportation of goods to and from Angas Mill.
In 1881, Angas Mill was purchased by Robert Johnston.
In 1885, the two sons of Robert Johnston took over Angas Mill and operated the mill until 1938, when it was sold to the Luacke Milling Company of Greenock. (lester, firth & murton n.d.)
References.
- lester firth & murton pty ltd, n.d. Strathalbyn Conservation Study